Monday, July 30, 2007

What's this?



So we are having quite a time adjusting to this new baby, especially Lussi. She seems to not always be herself, which is understandable. One of her latest out of character antics happened a couple of days ago. First of all she fell down hard on her knee and got a pretty big, bloodly scrape on her knee. This sent her in to a crying fit. We were about two blocks from our car and I had baby Fia in the front pack. Of course Lussi could not walk with this ENORMOUS BOO-BOO on her knee so I carried one crying preschooler with NOW one crying baby to the car. Then on the way home, I then had one screaming baby and a "Faking" crying preschooler who suddenly says "Mommy Mommy I just put paper up my nose, it hurts it hurts it hurts!" So I pull over the car and had a look. There was a paper tag hanging off her dress from the Children's museum and it definitely was missing a big chunk. So now I'm thinking... Do I take her to the emergency room for this? Does paper disolve in your nose? I can not see anything in her nose. She calms down and so I ask her OK what hurts now? She says, " my knee my knee" I say, " Not you nose?" She says, "No just my knee" Meanwhile baby Fia is still screaming and I am not sure what's going on! So I decide she is OK, she's calmed down, maybe the paper fell out or maybe she really didn't put it up there and she was faking. I really don't have a clue. So later that night I am reading her bedtime stories and she sneezes twice. On the second sneeze, she says "Mommy Mommy, the paper is in my nose!" I look and sure enough, I can see it way up there. So I get the tweezers and pull it out. What on earth possesses a child to stick a wad of paper up their nose while they are crying hysterically?

No comments: