Monday, July 30, 2007

Growing Baby Fia







Everyday is an adventure juggling two little people. When one doesn't need me the other one needs me or they both need me at the same time. Baby Fia is starting to feel solid and strong, less and less like a floppy newborn. She even holds her head up pretty well. Lussi is becoming less and less dependent on me for everything. (phew!) Lussi is also beginning to settle in with our routine and having Sofia with us all the time. She is really sweet with her most of the time but when she feels like Fia is getting too much attention, she feels a need to over hug or pull of her feet or stick her feet in Sofia's belly... anything to sort of dis her sister. I believe this is the beginning of a relationship that won't change much, except instead of putting her feet in Sofia's face, she will be manipulating her with words, say at ages 13 & 10. Gladys recently said to her older sister, " You were so mean to me when we were growing up!" They are best friends now... so I am realizing that what might seem mean now will probaby turn in to some sort of love for eachother or maybe it is love hidden in a strong desire for some sort of control. Who knows, really. All I know is it isn't easy, this two girl thing... but it is fun and challenging in a natural sort of way.

1 comment:

meg said...

what an absolute sweetie. baby Fia. i love it. i can't wait to meet her soon and see Lussi too.
take care. xoxo meg